Everyone deals with pain and adversity at some point in their life, and depression does not discriminate or take a holiday. These points are proven by award-winning radio personality, Ange Anderson of NOVA 106.9 as she shares her story.
Ange spent 15 years working hard and achieving professional success and accolades. She is a two-time winner of the Best Broadcast News Presenter (FM) at the Australian Commercial Radio Awards, winning in 2019 and 2016. Despite this, Ange was struggling with depression and low self-esteem.
What Led Ange to Seek Help?
- Despite appearing to have her life together, Ange was floundering for several reasons:
- Continual work in a stressful and ego-filled environment
- The breakup of a volatile and emotionally draining relationship
- No therapeutic results from antidepressants or cognitive therapy
- Suicidal thoughts
- A feeling of being lost in her own life
When looking at the ITSA Life web page, Ange felt an instant connection and found the strength to reach out to Randall via e-mail. After some corresponding, Ange decided to take a huge step towards her well-being. She booked a 10-day one on one retreat with Randi and Daniel at the ITSA Life retreat centre in beautiful Bali. Although she felt vulnerable, Ange felt Randi’s different take on life could be beneficial and help her move forward in her life.
Important Lessons From Itsalife
One of the things Ange learned straightaway was how important the ‘self’ is in life. After grasping this, she could open up enough to learn more critical things.
- Know your own worth
- Do not be afraid to feel your pain because to work through it you must feel the pain
- Take time to get to know yourself
- Remember everyone is beautiful in their own way
- You cannot find out who you are through a relationship with someone else
- You can be happy and by yourself
- Trust yourself and your intuition
- Free yourself from the things that make you feel heavy to give you the space to find your purpose in life
- Discover what makes you tick
- Examine how to live your own truth
- Find out what is holding you back from the life you want to live
Elements to Be Implemented in Life
- Take time to be still
- Feed your soul
- Be mindful
- Listen to yourself
- Spend time connecting with nature
- Identify and eliminate the things in your life that do not align with who you actually are inside
- Learn how to face bad feeling
- Live in a state of peace with others because you understand their pain
What Does Ange Have to Say About Randall and Daniel?
Ange felt instantly connected with Randi and Daniel. She says it is easy to see how ITSA Life training and retreats are so much more than a business to them. Ange says she never felt as if she were in the middle of a business transaction, but an experience based on a deep and special connection. Ange also applauds their ability to create a space that is warm, safe, and loving.
What Was the Pivotal Moment During the Retreat?
Ange believes narrowing the excellent experience down to one defining moment is difficult and close to impossible. However, she believes a big breakthrough moment was when she learned to see everything that happens in life has a purpose. When one is no longer striving to control all of the circumstances and people in their life, it is freeing. By learning to let life flow, it is possible to live almost effortlessly. There is less of draining of energy and more abundance to nourish your life.
Any Other Takeaways?
- Let go of things and people who block your path
- Trust your own intuition
- Accept the fact that you already know the answers to the problems in your life (** unsure what this means)
- Learn to let life flow
How is Ange Now?
Ange’s life opened up in many ways after her return from Bali and ITSA Life. She says she has never felt better in her life. Ange says she has figured out how to separate work from the rest of her life. She also has experienced some other new changes since her retreat:
- She has a German Shepherd who is a central part of her life
- She became a pescetarian because her soul ached when she thought about hurt inflicted on voiceless animals.
- Ange now understands that when your aim to enjoy life what should find you will find you
- Ange is now a marriage celebrant which she would like to make it a full-time business at some point. Marrying people brings her great joy and is an uplifting experience
- She is engaged to a wonderful man
Ange would encourage anyone considering attending an ITSA Life retreat or training session to ‘just go for it’ because they will never look back. She believes anyone attending an ITSA Life event will return feeling different with a clean slate and a new outlook life.
Often, those who achieve personal and professional success appear to be untouchable, as if they lead charmed lives void of struggles. This is a fallacy that remains prevalent. Thanks to forthcoming people willing to share their stories, more people can discover their path out of pain into an understanding of their own truth.